Friday, March 20, 2009

"Fuv Foo"

I know I've been writing a lot about Isaac, but I just can't help it. I love this boy beyond words, and now I know for sure the feelings are mutual!

We follow the same bedtime routine pretty much every night. Around 8:30 Isaac has fruit or some other kind of snack and milk. We play or read until 8:45 and then head upstairs to brush his teeth, change his diaper and put on his pajamas. Finally, I turn his fan on low, close his curtains and sing Jesus Loves Me. Isaac cuddles closely and lays his head gently on my shoulder. He is always so calm and reserved when I'm just about to put him in bed. I always, always, always give him tons of kisses on his cheeks and tell him, "Mama loves you so much". This is our special time together.

Well, last night Isaac took me by complete surprise. As I was just about to lay him down, he looked at me with his binky in his mouth and said, "Fuv Foo" with a smile on his face reaching ear to ear! He said it on his own and just kept smiling at me! Throughout the day, I tell him I love him, and he'll say it back to me. If I ask him if he loves me, he nods his head. But, this was the first time he's ever initiated it, so it was extra special to me! I hope this behavior continues tonight and throughout his life.

I'm always ready to hear "Fuv Foo" from such a sweet boy!

No comments: