Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We Heart Camping!

Our first overnight wilderness excursion proved to be both successful and exciting. I must admit, I was slightly hesitant to sleep in a tent for two evenings. Not because I'm scared - I'm no sissy! I simply wanted to get adequate rest, and lets face it, air mattresses and birds chirping all night do not accommodate those desires! I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how much I enjoyed the wild outdoors. I slept relatively well and only woke up when Matt said, "Trace, Trace! Here, put this on your head!" He was afraid his sweetie was getting cold. Good intentions, right? I love the way he looks out for Isaac and me even when it means interrupting our peaceful sleep! Isaac loved sleeping in the tent and told us that was his favorite part about our trip. Truth be told, I actually can't wait for our next camping trip. If it weren't so hot and humid, I would plan something for this month. Fall is just a hop, skip, and a jump away, so I think I can wait it out a couple more months.

Here are a few highlights of our trip:

One of my absolute favorite pictures of Daddy and Isaac!

We had a picnic and let Isaac play for a while.
After settling into our campsite, we hopped on our bikes and explored the area.
Isaac is ready for bed and seems to like the tent!

They light up my life!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great time!