Monday, December 13, 2010

Two good, easy recipes

Last night I found Delighting in the Days through Frugal Granola, which is one of my favorite blogs. I quicky skimmed through two of her recipes and landed on this and this to try out quickly. Both are so yummy and healthy. I'm a pretty big fan of coconut milk/oil as it has many healthy fats and antimicrobial properties. It's especially good if you battle any sort of chronic illness. I'm trying to get more of it into my daily diet.

I would slightly modify both recipes next time:
* Add a bit of salt and vanilla extract to the Dutch puff. The texture reminds me of French toast. We enjoyed ours with real maple syrup. You just can't beat it! (Sorry Aunt Jemima!)
* Cut back to 1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder for the drink. It's yummy as is, but if you make it, I would add the cocoa incrementally and see what you like.

Both recipes are incredibly easy and filling. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Glad you liked the recipes! I think adding the cocoa in increments is a great idea. It can be very "chocolatey." Which is how I like it.

I just remembered that I prefer the puff when I make it with salted butter! Yum.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Glad to meet you Traci!