Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Review

I have not been in the mood at all lately to blog. I've been too absorbed reading through everyone else's including some dearly loved food blogs. May was overall good in our house. Except that I'm one year older now - sniff, sniff! Matt took me to the Cincinnati Ballet for my birthday. Perhaps it is his way to help me feel that being as close to thirty as possible isn't so bad! We had a great time, but unfortunately, we forgot to get some pictures of us. It's okay because I did capture some other memorable moments from last month. So, here is a little re-cap of our month in pictures.


Isaac playing at the park. Daddy and Isaac love going to the park together, especially when Mommy is trying to fix dinner.

Doesn't Sharon look so cute holding up this baby onesie? My house church girls and I hosted a baby shower the the women's center, which is located here in Dayton.
Look at all of the baby goodies donated! We also had a nice cash donation, which I used to purchase $20.00 Walmart cards. We had a great time talking about the gift of life over a nice brunch. Thank you, everyone who came and/or donated something. I took the gifts to the center today; they were very grateful!

My friend, Kate, opening one of the presents - a cozy little blanket!

Matt's cousin, Christine, tied the knot two weeks ago. We wanted Isaac to partake of the festivities. You all know I dance whenever I go to a wedding, and my son is following in my footsteps. Here we are at the end of the night finishing the Electric Slide and some other shake-your-booty types of dances!

Oh no, Mr. Isaac. You are MUCH too young and they are MUCH too old!

On our way home after our late night out, we saw fireworks downtown. We pulled over to let Isaac see them. Hey, one more hour out wouldn't make a difference! Matt covered Isaac's ears during the finale. They were some loud 'crackers!

Haven in the morning after our Memorial Day celebration. We spent time with friends and then stayed over for even more fun!

Isaac loves his friend's little red car. Reminds me so much of the Flintstones!

This is one of my favorite pictures of Isaac this year. Look at his pretty blue eyes! The boy loves him some corn on the cob. My brother, Sean, and Matt introduced Isaac to corn a few months ago. He doesn't like when it's all gone!
I hope you all had a nice May. It doesn't seem like it should be June already, does it? Well, I'm now gearing up for the pool. I haven't taken Isaac yet this year, but I will very soon. I'll hopefully post some pictures of us swimming. Let's hope I get them posted before Christmas rolls around!

No comments: