Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wahoo, Wahoo, Wahoo!!!

If you are like me, then one of your not-so-favorite things to do is going to the dentist. You know, it's not that I have anything against a dentist per se. After all, good dentists help keep mouths in tiptop shape. I have a very good reason for not enjoying a dental visit - I ALWAYS have cavities. No one wants to hear this kind of news. My cavities are not just simple one-step filling kinds of cavities. Crowns or root canals seem to be my fate. When I was a freshman in college, I had a routine cleaning at the dentist's office. "Kindly" informing me, the dentist said I had SEVEN cavities. What? Are you kidding me? Turns out I only need to glance at a Starburst or Twinkie to have a mouth overtaken by sugar bugs. Okay, I admit flossing was not my forte at the time, but over the years I have taken better care of my teeth. For some reason though, my teeth are only satisfied when silver or porcelain enters the scene!

This morning I had my routine teeth cleaning. Matt and I typically prepare ourselves for the worst. He's used to my mouthful of ailments, but this time, he said he wanted a good report. A great report is what he got! I am cavity free, my friends. Perhaps you're underestimating my joy at this moment. Allow me to be a tad more forthcoming... I'm ECSTATIC! It's literally been years since I've had such a positive visit with my dentist. In fact, today the dentist said I was boring! Well, Dr. John, you and I both must be doing something right if you consider me boring. And in this case, I'm totally okay with that label!

Oh, the joy of having seemingly healthy teeth. I do hope I can go another 6 months cavity free. Looks as if I must throw out all the sweets..... Nanh! I just won't eyeball (or eat!) them as often!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I know what is's like to finally have a good appointment after many, many bad (and expensive!) ones, so congrats!