Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A little from Psalm 5

~But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield. ~
Psalm 5:11,12 (NKJV)

A few of my sweet and dear mommy friends and I just began a study through the Psalms. These verses clearly remind me that through Christ I have a constant, abiding joy. The last fews days a certain little someone in our household has needed lots of discipline, patience, and firm yet gentle guidance. At times I let it bother me and affect my attitude. But as I took a little rest yesterday and read through Psalm 5, the Lord calmed my heart and brought it back to Him. And boy, I needed it. I can rejoice in all circumstances, big or small, because my trust is in Jesus. I have an advocate through Him. His Word is pure and true and today, again, I find rest in Psalm 5.

No comments: