Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Thankful For....

* snowy days when Matt gets to stay home with Isaac and me.
* delicious coffee and a hot bowl of cream of wheat cereal.
* a completely uninterrupted night of sleeping... no waking toddlers or potty breaks for me!
* a flexible schedule, which allows me to head to Waverly pretty much any time I want.
* Isaac wanting to sit with me and read through entire stories by Dr. Seuss.
* the book, Shepherding a Child's Heart.
* a house where we can spread out and have some space when we need it!
* good medical care and low cost prescriptions for my medication.
* God's continual work in my life with how I say things.
* Matt's gentle and caring nature.
* gas in our cars.
* windows in our house so we can see the snow falling.
* baby Gideon, baby W, baby Carmona, baby Z and baby Young ready to enter our world this year.
* a very dear friend who is turning back to Christ.
* free coupons... somehow we keep getting the Sunday paper!
* Isaac's cute and fun little personality and all the words he says and all the joy he brings to our family.
* the health of our family; it's easy to take this for granted.
* my brother, Sean, and his wife, Casey - that they live so close to me.
* hand-me-down clothing we've received for Isaac.
* finally being over the post-partum depression.
* going through that trial, even though it was difficult, because I know God used it to purge some nasty things from me.
* our t.v. and radio so I can hear the weather reports.
* K-Love
* healthy food that also tastes sooooo good!
* free recipe/food blogs, so I can continue finding healthy, tasty food!
* Isaac already showing a heart for prayer.
* my warm, fuzzy blue slippers and red polka-dot slippers. They keep my feet toasty warm in this frigid weather. I don't think I could live without them!
* good eyesight (through vision correction, of course!).
* Hair Biz in Waverly because they have unbeatable prices for haircuts.
* tomorrow's date with Matt.
* the pro-life movement and the heightened awareness about abortion.
* Isaac's ability to not have meltdowns when Matt or I leave him for a while.... let's hope this doesn't creep up on us during the next year.
* Mommies Night Out once a month.
* having a working fireplace and a husband who starts the fires... in more ways than one. he he! (just had to say that!!!)
* all of the lives saved during the recent plane crash.
* clean laundry.
* Isaac wanting to give hugs and kisses.
* Jesus' unchanging and never-ending love for me.
* being able to turn to the throne of grace in my time of need, which is all the time.

This list could go on and on and on.... for now, I'll stop here. These are some things I've been thinking about recently, and it helps to write so I remember to say thank you to Jesus for who He is and to know every good and perfect gift comes from above. I cherish this life He gives me, and my desire is to honor Him and give Him all the glory. For He alone is worthy.

No comments: